If you are looking for a cost-effective, fast-performing lens, the new Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 zoom is a great all-around lens. There is no substitute for speed. Investing in a f2.8 lens is a must for any photographer working events, weddings or portraits. It gives you that extra stop or two of light needed to work in low-light situations. More importantly, it gives you shallow depth of field, so your subject pops off the background.
Tamron has made some significant changes.
- Sophisticated new design delivers superb performance and ultra-high image quality.
- New Dual MPU (micro-processing unit) control system provides faster and more precise autofocus and improved vibration compensation.
- eBAND coating provides superior antireflection properties and reduces ghosting and flare.
- Fluorine coating and moisture-resistant construction.
- The lens hood is now equipped with a convenient locking mechanism.