There are many choices out there for you when you are looking for slideshow tools for your clients and their memories.
Innovate or Die is the mantra we live by around here and we are always looking for something new for our clients and more importantly, something that can help elevate our business to stand out from the crowd.
If you have never heard of ProShow Web by Photodex or never used it – now is the chance.
I have used several other slideshow tools, as many of you know. Slideshows should offer some basic features at this point. (clearly, not an exhaustive list)
- Music Catalog. Sure, you can bring in your own music, which we do 90% of the time. We use SongFreedom.com – some of the best mainstream music available in my opinion.
- Ability to incorporate video. This is a must have at this point and is the direction almost every company is heading – you have to start incorporating video into your offering – some way some how.
- Transition options. Need the ability to change things up from time to time so every slideshow doesn’t look the same.
- Work on both Mac and PC
- Branding options. If I cant add my logo, what’s the point?
- Online hosting and ability to embed in my website.
All that being said, you may have some other minimum requirements I am sure. However, In my opinion, based on producing damn near 100+ of these a year for my clients, here is why ProShow Web is better in my opinion.
- History. Not too long ago, ProShow and Phootdex was the 800lb guerilla in our industry. Innovation got the best of them and some nimble upstarts grabbed massive market share and handed them their ass. (My personal opinion) – Now, they are looking to leapfrog their competition and are re-energized looking to kick some ass. They love photographers and all signs show they are listening to our feedback and want to provide the best product they can for us.
- Innovation. ProShow Web has shown that they are committed to innovation with their web based platform and killer new features that we should all want for our business.
- Poster Feature – I don’t know about you, but when I see a slideshow on my site and its some random blurry picture in the middle of a transition it just looks half-ass. This feature allows you to control your image or splash screen so you are showing something more polished when the slideshow is stopped.
- Watermark – seems like a no brainer right. Let’s say you are producing a video slideshow for a vendor. Brilliant marketing move. However, just one small problem. Your logo is only in the beginning or end of the slideshow. You have no idea if anyone is even paying attention. This new feature allows your logo to be in the lower corner of the screen the entire time its playing. A HUGE branding play.
- Control. The biggest complaint I have with these web based slideshow companies – they automate everything and you lose all control. ProShow Web changes all that. Lets say you have that one shot that’s EPIC. No problem – you can adjust a single image and have it sit on the screen for as long as you like. The slideshow will then adjust its timing for you to ensure everything else fits.
- More Control. Not only can you control the timing of a single image. You have the ability to go and tweak every single image in your slideshow and every single transition for maximum personalization and customization.
- Automation. Don’t want all that control? No problem. The system can be a one click production and automate the entire process for you.
- Price. Not only is it better. It’s less expensive.
Don’t take my word for it. Sign up for a free trial or use this discount code for a killer special. https://web.photodex.com/
USE CODE – SAL15OFF and save 15% off their annual plan – valid through September 30.